- The only vegetable(pulses&legumes) that is HBV.
- differences between pulses and legumes is that, pulses is dried beans or nuts, while legumes is the fresh one.
Why do people widely consume Soya beans?
- Due to its nutrient. – HBV (protein)
- Cheap and available.
- Good for vegetarian’s diet. – as they will substitute meat with beans to get proteins.
- digestible(easily digested), suitable for the elderly.
- Protein – High Biological Value.
- Vitamins – Vitamin B.
- Carbohydrate – 20%
- Fats – Unsaturated fats.
- Minerals – calcium.
SOYA BEANS PRODUCTS
- Soya sauce. (kicap)
- Soya bean milk.
- Soya bean flour.
- Soya bean oil.
- TVP – textured vegetable protein.
- Sayur pucok.